The ultimate packing list for photography lovers
Photography and travelling they compliment each other. As it is said: “A picture is worth a thousand words”.
One of the things I enjoy the most while traveling around South America, is the possibility to capture some of exciting, inspiring and memorable moments along the way.
Photography has bee one of my favourite activities, you would find me taking pictures during my free time and at work.
You want to get the best shots, but also avoid unnecessary weight. Here is a list with some essential items to bring along on your trip.
- Photography and Electronics
- Alarm clock
- Voltage adapters
- iPhone Camera Lens Kit This useful 2 in 1 clip-on detachable HD lens for the iPhone, allows you to take wide angles.
- JOBY Gorillapod SLR Zoom Tripod for DSLR Cameras This is a flexible tripod that gives stability on any surface, allowing you to capture the best shots.
- External backup drives This is an important tool to backup your images, and have space to take more photos.
- XCSOURCE Selfie Stick Bluetooth Remote This is the best way to take nice photos with your smart phone, it includes a fish eye lens, wide lens and a macro lens.
- Accessories and extras
- Travel neck pillow (Link to options)
- Sleep mask and Blindfold (Link to product)
- Flashlights and headlamp
- Laptop Bag
- One pair of anti-shock hiking poles (Link to options)
- One set of cookware (if needed) (Link to options)
- Ziploc bags (if needed)
- Cleaning Gear
- Additional small backpack
- Camera Rain cover This item will protect your camera, allowing you to take the best pictures in the rain.
- Signal Mirror or whistle – to use in case of emergency (Link to options)
- World Nomads insurance ideal for independent travelers. It is flexible. You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you are already travelling, as well as choosing an insurance for your tech gear.
I hope this packing list for 2017 will be useful for your future trips and the experience in capturing the best shots possible.
Tell us more about what items you would consider using to do photography and which you recommend us to include in our list.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Don´t just dream it, make it happen. Plan your South American trip with a local!
Take a look at this list of travel resources to plan your trip and travel in South America.
Day dreaming about your trip to South America? Order here your Free Ebook, I share with you some useful tips & resources for a memorable trip!
You can also send me an email to get more information or help planning your trip: info(at) visitecuadorandsouthamerica(dot)com