The ultimate packing list for photography lovers
Photography and traveling complement each other. As it is said: “A picture is worth a thousand words”.
One of the things I enjoy the most while traveling around South America is the possibility to capture some exciting, inspiring, and memorable moments along the way.
Photography has been one of my favorite activities, you would find me taking pictures during my free time and at work.
You want to get the best shots but also avoid the unnecessary weight. Here is a list of some essential items to bring along on your trip.
Photography and Electronics
- Alarm clock
- Voltage adapters
- iPhone Camera Lens Kit This useful 2 in 1 clip-on detachable HD lens for the iPhone, allows you to take wide angles.
- JOBY Gorillapod SLR Zoom Tripod for DSLR Cameras. This is a flexible tripod that gives stability on any surface, allowing you to capture the best shots.
- ThePhotoStick - Easy, One-Click Photo and Video Backup This is an important tool to backup your images, and have space to take more photos.
- 40-inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod This is a great way to take nice photos, and especially group photos with your smartphone.
- Take your smartphone videos one step further with the compact DJI Osmo Mobile 3 - 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Handheld Stabilizer for those professional quality videos for your blog or for your personal enjoyment.
Accessories and extras
- Travel neck pillow including sleep mask and earplugs
- Sleep mask and Blindfold
- Flashlights and headlamp
- Laptop Bag
- One pair of anti-shock hiking poles
- One set of cookware (if needed)
- Ziploc bags (if needed)
- Cleaning Gear
- Additional small backpack
- Altura Camera Rain Cover for protecting your camera from the elements and allowing you to take the best pictures regardless of the weather
- Signal Mirror or whistle – to use in case of emergency
- World Nomads insurance ideal for independent travelers. It is flexible. You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you are already traveling, as well as choosing insurance for your tech gear.
I hope this packing list for 2021 will be useful for your future trips and the experience in capturing the best shots possible.
Tell us more about what items you would consider using to do photography and which you recommend us to include in our list.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Don´t just dream it, make it happen. Plan your South American trip with a local!
Take a look at this list of travel resources to plan your trip and travel in South America.
Daydreaming about your trip to South America? Order here your Free Ebook, I share with you some useful tips & resources for a memorable trip!
You can also send me an email to get more information or help planning your trip: info(at) visitecuadorandsouthamerica(dot)com